Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Been a while...

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I posted my last blog!  There have been so many things that I have thought about that I could write in the last few weeks and thought I need to do that today and never got around to it.  I always feel guilty sitting and "playing" on the computer when there is laundry to do, floors to be swept, etc.  Good thing about that, they aren't going anywhere!  I can do those later.  So once again, here I am "playing" on the computer.

A lot has happened since my last post back in August, especially in the last two weeks.  Mostly it has to do with my family and it is all exciting!  First my brother-in-law came back from Iraq!  We are so excited that God kept him safe while he was overseas for a year.  I know that Sally and Kaydence are so happy to be a "whole" family again.  He didn't get to stay in the mountains of North Carolina very long.  They did get to visit family and then they had to move to Fort Polk, Louisiana.  They have been there for about 2 weeks.  I am so thankful for technology because now we get to talk to all THREE of them on Skype!  It isn't the same as in person, but I don't feel quite so far away from everyone when I can talk to them AND see them at the same time.  We are very happy for Ben, Sally and Kaydence.

Second big family happening: we gained a new sister-in-law!  Adam and Sheena got married Labor Day weekend in Ridgway, Colorado.  Since Ben, Sally and Kaydence were moving, they were not able to come to Colorado but the rest of the family did.  (it has been awhile since the whole family has been together.  I guess that is to be expected since we are scattered all over the US)  I picked up my parents from the airport in Albuquerque and we went to Colorado for almost a week before the wedding.  It was nice for Afton to get to spend time with Poppy and Grammy and Uncle Adam, Aunt Sheena and Aunt B.  It wasn't very long, unfortunately, but it is always nice to have the family together no matter what form it is in.  We did a lot of traveling, a lot of eating, and had a good time together.  The wedding was beautiful and we are so happy that Sheena is now part of the family.  We couldn't have picked someone better ourselves to marry Adam!  (as Dad said in his speech, Sheena was the only girl all 3 sisters liked, and thats the truth!)

After all the wedding festivities, Dad and Judy came to our house for a couple of days.  We went to Gallup and looked at  beads and jewelry.  We visited La Ventana and the Sandstone bluffs and ate Mexican.

Matt and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary on September 10.  Grammy and Poppy watched Afton while Matt and I went out to dinner and drove around.  It was our first date since Afton had been born!  It was a really nice evening that Matt and I got to spend just the two of us, celebrating our marriage.  We both said, who would have thought that 5 years ago we would be living in New Mexico with a daughter!  The Lord truly has blessed our marriage and our life together.  I could not ask for a better man (actually Matt was everything I prayed for and God threw in a bunch of stuff I never thought to ask for!) to share my life with.

We ended our family visit with a weekend trip to Albuquerque.  We went to more bead stores, visited the Sandia Tramway (we couldn't talk Judy into riding it!), walked around Uptown ABQ, spent the night in a hotel, and Dad ran a 10K on Sunday morning before they had to fly out.

So far this month has been a huge blessing!  I am so grateful for my family, even though we don't see them as often as we like; for my wonderful husband; for a healthy and happy daughter-I truly am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful glimpse into your life. And a lovely picture of that precious little Afton. I love the two little teeth showing!

    ReplyDelete