Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Again

A whole week has passed, and it seems to have flown by.  That usually doesn't happen.  Today was grocery shopping day.  As I was putting Afton in the buggy at Wally World, I smelled poo.  She was wearing a cute little one piece outfit today, so of course poop shot out of the leg of her diaper and ran down her leg.  I have no idea how it didn't get all over me.  So back out to the car I go, once again, I have no clue how I didn't get it all over me, but the seat of the car is a different story.  It cracks me up that babies could care less that they smell like poo, have poo run down their leg, and sit naked in the car with the door wide open.  Thankfully this was not one of those days that I forgot her diaper bag, other wise we would have been in trouble!  The rest of the shopping trip was uneventful.  I just happen to forget my reusable shopping bags and got in the lane of Derek, the very nice Walmart cashier that likes to double bag EVERYTHING.  So I have about 136 new bags to add to our collection.

In other interesting news, Afton is 7 months old today.  I need to take her picture to add to the Year Frame that she has.  Every month on her Month Birthday, I take her picture and add it to the frame that we got at our NC baby shower.  It is already almost half full.  I am so proud of my baby and how she is growing, but every time I add a picture to it I get a little sad.  I look at the pictures of her the last months and think about how fast time has flown.  I try not to dwell on her growing up and I try to enjoy every new day and every new thing she learns, so I put off putting the pictures in the frame for a little while to avoid the sadness.  : (

Just so I don't end this blog on a depressing note, today is Friday!  Which for Afton and I that means Daddy will be home for two whole days!  He will probably be working on the kitchen, but he will be home with us nonetheless.  Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The first year does fly by. Take it slow, take lots of pictures & enjoy & savor every minute of it! When I had Jordan, my mother gave me a poem that I have treasured & has helped me remember what is important & what can wait. I don't remember the name of the poem or who wrote it but I do remember what it says:

    "Dusting and cleaning can wait till tomorrow
    For children grow up, we've learned to our sorrow; So quiet down cobwebs & dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby & babies don't keep."

    Have a blessed weekend of family time!
    Phyllis Ketchersid

    ReplyDelete